Download or Print Checklist
Please have the following completed
by the time of your appointment.
• Turn off all ceiling fans, but not ceiling fan lights.
• Turn on all lights that will turn on including the light over the stove.
• All blinds should be let down with the slats horizontal letting all available daylight in.
• Check all light fixtures for burnt out bulbs and replace if needed (very important).
• Make sure all vehicles are out of your driveway and away from the front of the property.
• Make sure all beds are made and bedrooms are picked up. Basically no clutter.
• Make sure all counters are cleared off in kitchens, baths (including toothbrushes, personal items, sink soaps), bar areas, etc. Try to leave just decor on the counters.
• Kitchen counters should be clear of all fruit, bowls, knife racks etc. Hanging dish or decorative towels on appliances is not preferred.
• Remove all throw rugs from bathrooms, kitchens, etc. The room and floor will look bigger without those present.
• Remove everything from the refrigerator including the top ie. magnets, photos, papers, etc.
• Check bathroom towel racks. Arrange towels in a neat and orderly fashion. Be sure to lower the toilet lid and have a full TP roll in the holder.
• Please place all uncooperative pets in a comfortable but contained area, which will not be photographed.
• Items belonging to pets should be removed (toys, food, bed and water bowls).
• Check outside! Make sure the grass is cut and trimmed.
• Clean off and arrange outside furniture to highlight the outside living area; raise the umbrella's (even if cold out).
• Sweep driveway, sidewalks, decks, and patios so it looks clean and inviting.
• Place garden hoses and outside trashcans in garage or hidden along side of house so that they will not be in photos.
• Pools and hot tubs should be uncovered and freshly skimmed of leaves and debris; be prepared to turn the jets on at the time of the photo.
• All windows should be clean and free of excessive dust, dirt, or streaks.
• If you have an indoor or outdoor wood burning fireplace, it makes a great photo by burning a small mound of wadded up newspapers just before the photo is taken.